Summer Bodies Are Made In The Winter!

Summer Bodies are Made In The Winter

Do you gain weight in the winter Bikini Body Mommies? It’s a good question to ask yourselves right now because if you are anything like me — the answer is yes!

There are plenty of explanations for this seasonal anomaly… less activity due to colder weather, our layered winter clothing muffles awareness of creeping winter weight gain, less daylight results in loss of energy, cravings of specific comfort foods, and even depression!

I know it’s hard to wrap your head around the thought of building your “Summer Bikini Body” when it’s only February, -20 and SNOWING outside…  But you NEED TO!  There are just over 3 months left between now and the first of June (A.K.A. BIKINI SEASON!)  — So IT’S TIME to REFOCUS our transformation efforts and turn things back around!

You ready?  We’re going to do it together by tackling THREE KEY AREA’S!  Here’s how:

#1 MINDSET

Briana Christine Bikini Body Mommy

SET GOALS … Decide WHAT you want, WHEN you want it, and WHY!  It’s been said a million times, but this truly IS the most important step behind anything you set out to achieve in life.  This step is the KEY behind my own transformation and how I ultimately lost 100 POUNDS in under a year. Don’t just “think it” — WRITE IT DOWN! Not only will you visually be able to see your goal, but you’ll also be able to come back to it in moments when your motivation and inspiration waivers.

FILL IN THE BLANK:

I want to lose ____ pounds, so that I can ROCK my absolute healthiest lean and toned BIKINI MOMMY BODY of my life this summer.  Achieving this goal for myself is important to me because  ___________________________________________________________________.

#2 NUTRITION

Picture+537
Here are my TOP 5 NUTRITION TIPS from my Best selling book Bikini Body Mommy Blueprint to help you get started.  Implement just ONE of these new nutrition habits for 1 FULL WEEK before implementing the next tip.

#1: Take a Multivitamin & Liquid Fish Oil supplement
DOSE: Multivitamin – 1 daily like Genuine Health (multi+)

Fish oil supplement *LIQUID FORM* like  Carlson Labs VERY FINEST Fish Oil – 1 gram per 1% body fat, but NO more than 30grams per day for the first 2 weeks, then cut the dosage in 1/2.

REASON #1: The multivitamin is an insurance policy against nutrient deficiencies — Most clients who come to me are deficient in a ton of vitamins, minerals, and omega 3’s… and if we fix that right out of the gate, we can really hit the ground running!

REASON #2: The fish oil has plenty of data behind it that suggests that it has positive effects on the motivational centers of your brain (when taken in the dose I recommend), as well as increases FAT LOSS, and has an anti-inflammatory effect on the body.

**To make things extra easy and save you the headache of trying to find them… here are links to buy the exact same brand of Multi-Vitamin and Fish Oil Supplement I used this past year to lose 100 POUNDS:

MULTI-VITAMIN: Genuine Health (multi+)

FISH OIL: Carlson Labs VERY FINEST FISH OIL

Why start here? It’s EASY — we can build up a positive momentum! And If we can actually make an impact the motivation centers in your brain to increase your motivation, in addition to fixing your nutrient deficiencies, increase your fat loss, and help you to be less sore from your new BIKINI BODY MOMMY CHALLENGE workout regime … you are going to have a better chance of success!

#2 Eat Breakfast within 20 minutes of waking up
(This means– BEFORE YOUR COFFEE!) Turn your metabolism into a fired up fat-burning furnace FIRST THING! Keep it small and protein rich.

#3 Consume Protein-rich foods with EVERY MEAL
Get at least 20 grams in per meal! Great sources include: eggs, greek yogurt, chicken, fish, bison, quinoa, black beans, lentils, and chickpeas.

#4 BEWARE of WHITE
This includes rice, pastas, potatoes, cereal, bread,  fried food with breading, and milk.

#5 Drink COPIOUS AMOUNTS of H2O
AMOUNT: Consume at least half your body weight in ounces, upwards of 1 gallon every day — NO EXCEPTIONS!
1/2 your Body weight Example: 150lb woman would drink 75 ounces DAILY — a little over 6 traditional 12oz water bottles.
1 Gallon Example: 10 traditional 12oz water bottles DAILY.

Yes, it IS A LOT of water.  YES, you’ll likely be going to the bathroom every 10 minutes until your body adjusts. If you really want to lose the fat and ditch the belly pooch that making you feel so awful about yourself — Deal with it! I cant emphasize enough how important hydration is when it comes to fat loss.

#3 EXERCISE

#5 64
As I mentioned in the beginning of this post … there are just over 90 Days between now and the beginning of summer.  Luckily for you, I have 90 DAYS of workouts for you to follow for FREE.  They are all “winter weather” and mommy “limited time” friendly as they are all done in the comfort of your own home and (excluding cardio days) most of them are under 12 minutes long!

Start Today! Join the BIKINI BODY MOMMY CHALLENGE for FREE:

In closing, if you know another woman (family member, work colleague or friend — Mommy or Not!) who wants to lose weight, please share this post or tell them about the Bikini Body Mommy Challenge somehow. Whether they have 100 pounds to lose (as I did!) — or are just wanting to look better in their jeans, if you know someone who can benefit, please pass it on. xx,-B

Ohhh …And can I ask a favor? If you loved this post and don’t want to miss others just like it, will you please take 2 seconds to follow me over on BLOGLOVIN?

Comments

1. Kim says

I remember in one of your post you mentioned taking Biotin 10,000mcgs. Can you please explain why and what it does? Do you still take it?

2. Sara says

I’m a teacher and I’ve been struggling to find something that works with my schedule and I think I’ve found it! Thank you for all the information and advance you put out there! The only thing I struggle with is meal preparation. I need to create a list of recipes so I don’t waste my precious few hours after school searching. Any advice or pointers?

3. Meg says

I’m curious, will any liquid fish oil work? I live near a GNC. They carry Nordic Naturals Artic Cod Liver oil. Are their different types of liquid fish oil?

4. Jennifer Milburn says

I HATE fish and am really afraid to try fish oil since it sounds like something I would have a hard time swallowing. Does it have to be liquid? What is the difference between that and pills? I might be able to handle a pill better (although I heard they make you burp fish which I will not be able to handle). Any suggestions?

• says

Hey Jennifer,

Just wanted to share my personal experience with you. They make Fish Oil in a lot of different forms and since I, too, hate fish taste, I tried the gel-caps. These DID make me burp fish flavor and once it actually made me puke. I had to stop taking them. I found some gummies instead and started taking those. They are just like the chewy, flavorful gummy vites that kids like by they are for women and they are fish oil. I really recommend finding them because they are great for people who can’t stomach the fishy taste!

• says

Hey Jennifer,

Just wanted to share my personal experience with you. They make Fish Oil in a lot of different forms and since I, too, hate fish taste, I tried the gel-caps. These DID make me burp fish flavor. I had to stop taking them. I found some gummies instead and started taking those. They are just like the chewy, flavorful gummy vites that kids like, but they are for women and they are fish oil. I really recommend finding them because they are great for people who can’t stomach the fishy taste!

5. mara says

I don’t have facebook, is there another way to get information about the Bikini Body Mommy 90 day challenege.
    Thanks

6. Kelley says

Is the fish oil in a liquid form necessary, or are capsules okay as well? I currently have a couple bottles of fish oil capsules. The bottle says to take 3 capsules daily though, which is only 3 grams.

7. Alma says

I still am a little confused on how the actual program works. I see that there are 77 workouts posted and I was wondering if there are more to come and how often you post them. I did day 1 today and it was very hard but I feel great and this really seems like something I can handle. Thank you!!

8. Cindy says

I signed up for the weekly meal plans. Are they supposed to come to my email or do I log in somewhere to get the weekly daily your plans .thank you

9. Julie McCann says

I’ve just completed the first week and while I feel great, I do have a wee sweet tooth. Are desserts of any kind allowed on the program? I want to buy the book but it doesn’t appear to be available anywhere. Thanks! Awesome job by the way … finally found something that seems to be working (if only for the first week but that’s something!)

• admin says

You can absolutely cancel the meal plan at any time. You have access to this through your account settings.
      As far as the fish oil goes, I only recommend the liquid version for its highest quality. xx, -Briana

10. Sandra says

How do you take your greens and fish oil? Do you take it with breakfast? Do you drink the greens mixed in 250ml of water as directed on the container? And do you take the fish oil straight or mix with something? Please help!! Thanks :)

• admin says

Hi Sandra… Sometimes I take my fish oil straight up .. but mixing it with sparkling water helps break it up a bit .. as well as using it on a salad dressing with some apple cider vinegar is great too! xx, – B

Trackbacks