If you really knew me, you’d know …
- I can pretty much guarantee that every post I make on this blog will have some sort of grammatical error in it, even though I proof it 50 times.
- I think Dane Cook is the funniest person on the planet. I don’t ever want to meet him though for fear that I’d just start crying, while wildly flapping my hands — screaming “oh mi gawwwd” like some tween-hard Justin Bieber fan … and ultimately end up passed out on the floor, in a puddle of my own urine –- Which definitely wouldn’t make for a great first impression!
- I love gigantic chocolate covered strawberries … Disneyland makes the best!
- I have a very eclectic taste in music. I listen to Bon Iver, Danzig, Adel, Simple Minds, Mumford and Sons, Indigo Girls, Metallica, opera, punk and everything in between.
- I was married for almost 10 years. Fast-forward to 2012, I’ve now been divorced for nearly three. I know what life is like as a single-mom … the last three years have been the hardest, most lesson-intensive years of my life. I’m still standing.
- I’m not a big fan of coffee — can’t stand it actually. I know that makes me dead to some people.
- I don’t get poetry that doesn’t rhyme, jazz or indoor cycling no matter how hard I try, or how many people tell me how wonderful it is.
- I have an irrational fear (ok — a phobia!) of spiders and horror films. I would be totally screwed if my only escape from a house spider was to flee through a room where people were watching “Paranormal Activity 2.”
- I have discovered that I have an uncanny ability to identify and connect with other peoples personal struggles and vulnerability in a way that inspires and fosters change, and I’m not sure where that came from.
- My most favorite sound in the world is the sound of rain coming down against a window.
- I address my children as Sissy, Trissy, Shea, Shea-shea, Park, Finnley-jack, jack-jack and cuddle-wuddle-fish — but rarely by their names.
- I have never played the lottery. I’m not sure if that’s brilliance or stupidity, perhaps it’s both.
- If I’m going to be eating dinner alone I can almost guarantee I’ll make Tuna stuffed Avocados.
- I keep the pictures people send me in Christmas cards.
- I’ve never left potatoes (of any kind) uneaten on my plate.
- I wish I could tan without getting freckles.
- My favorite curse word is shit! I probably say it too often.
- I used to model professionally in Europe, but gave it up to pursue my love of civic engineering (…I also lie when I’ve run out of things to tell you).
I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did! Now it’s YOUR TURN — I would love to get to know YOU… please leave a comment below! xo,-B